Dr. Preeti Jain
Contact: Department of Materials and Environmental Chemistry
Arrhenius Laboratory, Stockholm University
Room A319, Svante Arrhenius väg 16 C
Dr. Jain has almost nine years of research experience in the field of physical chemistry and electrochemistry basically on designer solvents “ionic liquids”. She mainly emphasized on the use of ionic liquids as electrolyte/electrode materials for energy storage devices such as supercapacitors. She has experience in the synthesis of materials and their characterization as well as oxygen functionalized graphene (OFG) and various form of titanium phosphates (Li/Na/Ca/Mg-TiP) as electrode materials. She has studied various physicochemical properties such as apparent partition coefficient, thermodynamics of ion-ion and ion-solvent interactions in terms of enthalpic measurements of binary mixtures of ionic liquids with molecular solvents, transport properties and electrochemical properties of ionic liquids as well as characterization and synthesis of various protic and aprotic ionic liquids.
Dr. Jain is currently working on the crystallization of drug molecules by using ionic liquids and deep eutectic solvents (DES). Her current interest is to explore various ionic liquids and DES for the dissolution and crystallization of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) by using ionic liquids and DES either as solvent or co-former.
- Jain Preeti and Antzutkin Oleg N., Non-halogenated surface-active ionic liquids as electrolyte for supercapacitor, ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2021, 4, (8) 7775–7785.
- Jain Preeti, Choudhary R. Vijay and Kumar Anil, Water-assisted stability of carbene: cyclic voltammetric investigation of 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium ethylsulfate ionic liquid, Chem. Chem. Phys., 2019, 21 (43), 24126-24131.
- Jain Preeti and Kumar Anil, Structural elucidation of the binary mixtures of [EMIM][BF4] and [BMIM][BF4] in ethyl substituted solvents by Isothermal Titration Calorimeter, Chem Select, 2018, 3, 5792-5800.
- Jain Preeti and Kumar Anil, Enthalpic interactions in aqueous strong electrolytes upon addition of ionic liquids, Chem. Chem. Phys., 2018, 20, 11089-11099.
- Jain Preeti and Kumar Anil, Comparable ionicity of the aqueous solutions of aprotic and protic ionic liquids by anion substitution, Solution Chem., 2017, 46, 1315-1327.
- Jain Preeti and Kumar Anil, Probing the solute-solvent interactions in the binary mixtures of ionic liquids with water and alcohols by conductance, viscosity and IR spectroscopy, Mol. Liq., 2017, 238, 270-280.
- Rai Gitanjali, Jain Preeti and Kumar Anil, Isothermal titration calorimetric study of the ionic liquid solutions in alcohols at extreme dilutions: an investigation of ion-solvent interactions, Solution Chem., 2016, 45, 1313-1331.
- Jain Preeti and Kumar Anil, Concentration-dependent apparent partition coefficients of ionic liquids possessing ethyl- and bi-sulphate anions, Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 1105-1113.
Manuscripts submitted and under preparation:
- Jain Preeti, Mehra Palak, and Paul Amit, A new generation high-performance supercapacitor engaging redox property of solvent-electrolyte (Ionic Liquid) (Submitted to the Angew. Chem.).
- Jain Preeti and Antzutkin Oleg N., Wide Range Temperature Persistent Surface-Active Ionic Liquids for Supercapacitors or Energy Storage Devices (Submitted to Energy Storage Materials).
- Jain Preeti and Antzutkin Oleg N., Synthesis and Characterization of various forms of Titanium Phosphate (Li/Na/Ca/Mg-TiP) as Electrode Material for Supercapacitors
- Jain Preeti, Antzutkin Oleg N., Filippov Andrei, and Mhashal Anil R., Dynamic Properties of new Surface-Active Anion-based Electrolytes for Supercapacitors.